8/02/2009

Plans for August




Click on the button above to get to The Homeschool Lounge. A Great place to make friends!



This year I have a 2nd grader (Kevin), a 1st grader (Josiah) and an almost 4 year old (Charlotte). We began our school year on July 1 and it went smoothly for most of the month. We did have to take a week off because of sickness. I have actually started to use a schedule this year. We have Bible class first, then Josiah does phonics while Kevin works on some seat work. Then it is Kevin's turn for phonics while Josiah works on some seatwork. And after seat work is math (usually Josiah is done with his work first, so he gets his math lesson first:)) About the time I finish Kevin's math lesson, it is time for a lunch break. And finally after lunch is reading, science (Wed-Fri)and art (Fri). I enjoy teaching my children. It is exciting to see them learn.

We went on a field trip in the beginning of July, but stayed home the rest of the month. The kids did go to VBS last week, so they were able to get out and have some fun.

I haven't really planned out the whole month of August yet, because things may happen or come up, like sicknesses. I would like to plan another field trip day for this month. We have a history museum close by, but there is also the aquarium, zoo and Civil War forts. There is also a battleship in Wilmington, about a 2 hour drive. I have been asking the kids, but they haven't decided yet either. I will update the blog when we do take our field trip. I will have lots of pictures to share.

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Homeschool Open House. It sounds like the start of a great school year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just stopping by from the HOH MckLinky. My favorite part of homeschooling is being able to make decisions to take time off when someone is ill or something else comes up that needs a break!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1