7/31/2012

Book Review: Snuggles


Snuggle's Japanese Alps Adventure
By Tim Ostermeyer

When I first received this book in the mail, I was very impressed as I was opening it.  I did not expect a nice hardcover book.  This book has beautiful photographs on each page taken by the author, Tim Ostermeyer.   The story is about a snow monkey, Snuggles, who is learning that he needs to plan ahead for the winter.  He is also learning how to survive in the wild and how his mom and dad are able to help him.  Snuggles does plan ahead, but there are so many fun distractions in the jungle.  Does he make it to the springs in time for winter?  I won't spoil it for you in case you want to check it out for yourself.     The author includes Bible verses throughout the book.  He also includes points on how to pray.  There are many facts about snow monkeys and the Japanese Alps.  My children, ages 6-10, really enjoyed this book. They loved all of the pictures and loved learning about Snuggles.  My 10 year old like discussing the evolution theories at the end and how they are incorrect.   

You can find out more about Tim Ostermeyer's books here: http://www.funadventurewildlifebooks.com/


 I received this book free from the publisher through the BookCrash.com book review program, which requires an honest, though not necessarily positive, review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1