9/19/2012

Quick bread

I found this recipe while looking for a quick and easy bread to make for dinner.  I just basically halved the original recipe.  I don't have any whole wheat flour right now, so I just used all purpose.  When I make pizza dough or bread, I usually do half whole wheat and half all purpose.  I will definitely try it again when I get some more whole wheat flour.

In the oven


1 ¼ C warm water
3 TBSP sugar
1 ½ TBSP yeast
1 TBSP oil
3 C flour (OR 1 1/2 C all purpose flour and 1 1/2 C whole wheat flour)
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder

Stir water, yeast, sugar and oil together. Leave for 5 minutes until it becomes frothy on top. Add flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well. Knead. Roll out if making a pizza base or shape for use as buns / bread / loaf. Paint with oil or milk (if you can be bothered). Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.


Fresh out of the oven with butter added to the top

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1