9/24/2012

Ricky the Remarkable Raccoon Book Review


Ricky the Remarkable Raccoon by Peggy Roger-Carey is a story about a raccoon who lives near the sea and wonders where the "grand houses" go to everyday.   He is also homeless and alone and wants to be a part of a family.  He sees a boat full of people and He decides he is going to get on the boat.  The people on the boat trap him and stick him in a cage.  While at sea, a seal named Mr. Whiskers sees him in the cage and rescues him.  Mr. Whiskers takes Ricky to live with him and his family.
This book has beautiful illustrations and I love that the story focuses on adoption.  I would recommend this book to everyone, not only those who have adopted or fostered children.  This book is for all children especially those who feel like they don't belong.  The author is trying to convey a message of belonging and she did a great job.  I really enjoyed reading it to my children and they enjoyed hearing about Ricky and his new home.

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookCrash.com book review program, which requires an honest, though not necessarily positive, review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1