2/07/2013

A New Me

Back in 2010, I made a New years resolution to lose weight by changing the way I eat.  I also started to exercise more too.  I cut out sweet tea and started doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD.  By May of that year, I had lost 35 pounds.  In June, I found out I was pregnant with my 4th child.  So, the weight loss and exercising was put on the back burner.

Me, Easter 2010












My daughter was born in March 2011 and I kept using excuses as to why I couldn't diet or exercise.  I would think, "If I am going to be able to nurse, then I can't try to lose weight or my milk will dry up."  After my daughter turned one in 2012, I could no longer use the nursing as an excuse.  I was miserable, but I didn't do anything about it.  

April 2012














I resolved that 2013 was going to be my year.  I was just going to do it.  I can't keep making excuses.  I want to live a long and healthy life for my children.  I made a plan to start eating healthier, drink more water, and start exercising every day.  I started my new journey on January 7, 2013 and in one month I have lost a total of 10.8 pounds!

I will admit that there have been some discouraging days where I just wanted to quit, but I made myself keep on going.  My 9 year old son has been my biggest encouragement.  He will walk with me everyday and encourages me to try to go faster.  I try to walk a mile everyday, weather permitting.

I also have some Bible verses that are encouraging to me and a lot of friends on Facebook to keep me going in the right direction.  I know this is not an overnight change and that it will take months to accomplish, but encouraging words from God and friends have helped me along the way.  I look forward to living a long and healthy life!

My life verse: " Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea I will help thee; yea I will uphold thee with the right hand of my rightousness."  Isaiah 41:10


7 comments:

  1. 10 pounds in a month is pretty amazing. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you and honored to be walking this journey with you! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I've used the Sparkpeople website to help me keep track of my calories eaten and burned, my exercise minutes, and my weight. It might be worth checking into. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the My Fitness Pal app on my phone. I have used Sparkpeople before also. :)

      Delete
  4. Yay for you! Losing weight is never easy. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! You can do it :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful!! I'm going to have to join you soon!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1