What you need:
- 4-5 lb chicken
- Garlic powder
- Onion, chopped
- Tomato paste
- Hot taco seasoning (McCormick’s)
- Chicken broth
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Tomato, diced
- Sour cream
- Burrito size flour tortillas
- Small tortillas
- Tostada shells
Boil the chicken in a large stock pot with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder for seasonings. When it is done, take it out and let it cool for a bit. Once cool, take all the chicken off of the bone and shred it. A little tip I learned from pinterest is to use a kitchen aid mixer to shred the chicken. It works great.
In another pot, cook the chopped onion until it is soft. Add the shredded chicken, tomato paste, one packet of hot taco seasoning, Tabasco (I put about 6-7 shakes), and about 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (add more if it is still dry).
In the picture above, you can see how it is assembled.
- Take one large flour tortilla and put some chicken onto the tortilla.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Top with a tostada chip.
- Put sour cream on top of tostada chip.
- Add lettuce and tomato.
- Add small burrito on top.
- Fold tortilla up and put into a small fry pan to "grill" (like they do at Taco Bell) it on each side about 30-45 seconds.
This really does taste a lot like the spicy chicken Taco Bell use to have. My whole family loves when I make these for dinner.