6/19/2013

Blueberry Muffins

One day, about 4 years ago, I wanted to make some blueberry muffins. I looked in my fridge and noticed I was out of eggs. We were, at the time, a one car family. I decided to try to find a blueberry muffin recipe on the internet that I could make without eggs. A lot of vegan recipes came up, so I decided to give one a try.

I found my recipe and made substitutions where necessary.


















Here is the recipe with my substitutions in parenthesis.

Ingredients:
1/4 C margarine (I used butter)
1/2 C unsweetened applesauce (I have used cinnamon applesauce before too)
1/2 tsp salt
1 C sugar
2 C flour (I use whole wheat)
1 tbs baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C soymilk (I use cow milk)
2 C blueberries, fresh or frozen

Directions:
Mix all ingredients, except blueberries, in a bowl. Fold in blueberries. Put into muffin tin and bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.

You can print this recipe here.

3 comments:

  1. those would probably be good. :)

    Annette @ A Net in Time
    http://anetintimeschooling.weebly.com/a-net-in-time-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect timing for me, my daughter has been after me to make these or blueberry pies for a few weeks now. I just printed the recipe. Thanks for the share. Warmly, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! We like blueberry muffins! Eggs usually aren't a shortage around here, though...unless the hens are "on vacation." ;-)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1