12/31/2013

Word for 2014


















Trying to come up for a word for 2014 was kind of easy for me this year. Last year, I started on a lifestyle change journey, but about mid-year, I gave up. For the past couple of months, I have kept hearing Mandisa's song Overcomer. I knew the words, but didn't really listen to them until about a month ago.



This verse and the chorus is what really got my attention:

"Everybody's been down
Hit the bottom, hit the ground
Oh, you're not alone
Just take a breath, don't forget
Hang on to His promises
He wants You to know

You're an overcomer
Stay in the fight ‘til the final round
You're not going under
‘Cause God is holding you right now
You might be down for a moment
Feeling like it's hopeless
That's when He reminds You
That you're an overcomer
You're an overcomer"

This year I pledge to stay in the fight and become an overcomer, with God's help.

What I really want in 2014 is:

  • Put my trust in God
  • Have a healthy relationship with God
  • Become an overcomer

What I really need in 2014 is:

  • To focus on my Lord
  • To focus on myself
  • To focus on our homeschooling
  • To focus on my housekeeping

In 2014, I will succeed at:

  • Becoming a healthier person
  • Prioritizing 
  • Spending less time on computer when kids are awake
I am looking forward to having an awesome 2014 and can't wait to see my results at the end of the year.


Word for 2014

1 comment:

  1. I love that song! It's my theme song while my husband's deployed. Good luck overcoming this year!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1