1/10/2014

Daniel Fast Easy Recipes

I started The Daniel Fast on January 5. I bought a couple of books from Amazon and also googled some recipes. After I decided what I wanted to make for the week, I went shopping so I was prepared.

Here are a couple of recipes that were quick and easy to make for myself. I am the only one in my household doing the fast at this time. Side note~ I wish I knew how to take better food pictures. The pictures may not be great, but these dishes were delicious. 

The first one is ziti and tomatoes. 




















Ingredients:
Whole grain ziti
Canned diced tomatoes (make sure no sugar is added)
Fresh spinach
Garlic powder to taste
Italian seasoning to taste

Directions: 
Boil ziti until done. While ziti are cooking, use separate sauce pan to heat diced tomatoes with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Once heated add a handful of fresh spinach and cook until it is just wilted. Add cooked ziti and mix together. 


The next one is stir fry and noodles. 



















Ingredients: 
Whole grain angel hair
Frozen stir fry veggies
Soy sauce to taste
Sesame seed oil - just a couple of drops 
Peanuts (optional)

Directions: 
Boil noodles. Cook frozen veggies, either on stove or in microwave. When both are finished mix together with soy sauce and sesame seed oil. Plate and add peanuts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1