2/24/2014

Curriculum Planning for 2014/2015

Since we have recently received our tax refund, it's time for me to start thinking about what curriculum to purchase for next school year. I will have a 7th grader, a 6th grader, a 4th grader, and a 3 year old.

stack_of_books_01
We have been using mainly Abeka curriculum along with Schoolhouse Crew review items.

I do plan on purchasing for my 7th grader, the Abeka 7th grade curriculum. He is a year ahead in math and will be using Pre- Algebra for his math. He will continue to use Mango (review coming this weekend) for his foreign language.

My 6th grader will also use mostly Abeka with whatever Schoolhouse Crew reviews we get chosen for. he will continue to use mango for his foreign language.

My 4th grader has made me rethink (from this year while she has been doing 3rd grade) what curriculum fits best with her learning style. while I will use Abeka for cursive, history, science, and language; I now know she needs something different for math and spelling. I'm not sure what I will end up purchasing for those two subjects, but I have been researching and have a few possibilities. For spelling, I am waiting to read my fellow crewmates reviews about Spelling You See. I am also looking into Math U See for her math curriculum.

My 3 year old will be learning her ABC's, learning to read, and learning to write. She already knows how to count and knows some of her colors. She does know her alphabet, but can't recognize the letters yet.

I hope to have my choices finalized in a few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. What do you recommend for a first grader who despises reading? My son can hardly sit still. He is a wiz at math but he can hardly read at all. I have been using Alpha Omega this year with him but it is not accomplishing as much with him as I hoped it would. www.becomingblameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kyliegh, I am not an expert and don't know much about other curriculums. I have used Abeka for reading and because they use phonics to teach, my children can read at a higher grade level. It would be worth it to try Abeka. I would order the 1st grade and start at the beginning.

      Delete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1