4/27/2014

The Brinkman Adventures ~ Review

 My children love listening to radio programs. Every Saturday morning they wake up early so they can catch the special programs on the radio that are just for kids. When The Brinkman Adventures came up as a possible review, I was happy to see something that my kids had not yet heard. I and my kids were even happier when we were picked to review Brinkman Adventures. We received The Brinkman Adventures Season 2: Episodes 13-24 on CD to review.

About Brinkman Adventures Season 2:
This radio drama series are stories of a large family, the Brinkman's, mixed with real life missionary stories. The stories are told by the missionaries whose names have been changed and some of the events are more dramatized.

Season 2 comes with 4 CD's and over 5 hours of audio.  Each episode is approximately 25 minutes in length. The episodes that are included in season 2 are as follows:
  • The Mystery Ring
  • Blue Hat & T-shirt Bible
  • How Big is Your God, Part 1
  • How Big is Your God, Part 2
  • Mexico By Bus
  • Treehouse academy
  • Pirates of Mayan Island
  • Sapphire Slaves, Part 1
  • Sapphire Slaves, Part 2
  • Hadi's Choice
  • Castle of Secrets
  • On the Run


An overview of the season:
The first episode focuses on the Brinkman's getting ready to visit missionaries in Belize. As they are preparing, they have found an old class ring and want to sell it to buy curriculum for the school in Belize while also trying to find the owner of the ring.

The next few episodes focus on the stories of the owner of the ring who is a retired missionary. The Brinkmans stay with them while in Texas before going to Belize.


Episode seventeen has the Brinkman's bus in Mexico as they are traveling down to Belize.

Episode eighteen through Episode twenty one focus on the missionaries work in Belize.

The last 3 episodes focus on a missionary family who are working in the Middle East.

How we used the CD's and Our Opinion:
As soon as we received the CD's my boys and oldest daughter wanted to listen to them all right away. I let them take an afternoon and listen to as many episodes as they wanted. They ended up listening to all of the episodes in one afternoon. I listened along with them. After we got done listening to all of the episodes, I asked my three older children which one was their favorite. They all told me that all of them were their favorite. They couldn't just pick one. My boys have already asked me about buying season 1. My oldest daughter said she enjoyed hearing the missionary stories.

My 3 year old daughter also listened, but I'm not sure how much really stuck with her. I enjoyed listening to all of the episodes. I love hearing missionary stories and hearing about what they have encountered during their time in other countries.

How much?
The Brinkman Adventures is geared for children and adults of all ages. On some of the more intense episodes they do mention that if you are under 10, you should probably listen with an adult.

The Brinkman Adventures Season 2: Episodes 13-24 are available on CD for a suggested donation of $25. They are also available in MP 3 format for a suggested donation of $17. They operate on a donation basis.

You can also find the Brinkman Adventures on Facebook.

Click to read Crew Reviews








No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1