7/10/2014

Keys

It actually took me some time to come up with a topic for the letter k. Since I have been lesson planning, a k word that kept popping up in my brain was knowledge. I kept thinking and decided to go with the word keys for the letter k.

Your'e probably thinking- that is not a picture of a key. You are correct. I am talking about teacher curriculum keys. I have been using my teacher's keys while trying to plan out our school year.

I have three children, so I have many teacher's keys to go through and make sure everything is set up according to plan. We use A Beka for math, grammar, reading, and health for the 4th and 6th graders. Their teacher's keys are easy to use. Since I am using some new curriculum this year for science (Apologia and Science in the Beginning), history (Mystery of History), and penmanship (A Reason for Handwriting), I need to go through and make sure I have everything set up.

I am in the process of copying everything from the teacher's keys into my new Old Schoolhouse Hey Mama planner. I'm just writing what pages need to be accomplished for each subject for each child. It's not taking as long as I thought it would and in the end, it will be nice to just open the planner, see what pages need to be taught, and get out the corresponding teacher key.

I may look like this now:


















But, maybe by preparing now, I will look like this everyday:















We start back in two weeks on our new 6 week on, 1 week off schedule. Every seventh week, is when I'll look like the first person while I am planning using my teacher's keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1