10/24/2014

Warriors of Honor ~ Review

Warriors of Honor Review

I love the Civil War time period. I love studying it and learning as much as I can about it. When I was a senior in college, I was able to write my final paper for my Bachelor’s degree on the Civil War. When Warriors of Honor (DVD) was offered as a review, I was happy to be picked to review it. Warriors of Honor is produced by New Liberty Videos.

About New Liberty Videos:
Brian Barkley has been in the motion picture industry for over 40 years. He has worked on several television series before becoming a Christian. After receiving Christ, he became involved in producing Christian movies and still does today.

About Warriors of Honor:
Warriors of Honor follows the lives of two men from the Civil War time period, Thomas (Stonewall) Jackson and Robert E. Lee. This video  is in documentary form. The video takes you through some of the major battles of the Civil War and, at the same time, gives you insight to the lives of these two men from the South.

This documentary DVD is geared for the general audience. It is available for $19.95. The approximate run time is 80 minutes with three bonus segments.

This documentary offers the viewer many actual photos of Jackson and Lee. There are also several photos of the actual battlefield as well as re-enactments.  See some screen shots below:

warriors         jackson
reeanctment

There are so many facts given in this documentary, but the main focus is on Jackson and Lee and their love for God. Some of the battles discussed in the video are Manassas, Antietam, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, and Gettysburg. It also tells the stories of both Jackson’s and Lee’s deaths.

How We Used Warriors of Honor:
I watched this documentary first by myself to see if my children would be interested. My boys, who also love history, did want to watch this and I let them. After watching the video, my boys and I discussed what we watched. I asked them questions about the two men to see what they comprehended. We discussed how God worked in and through their lives.

What we thought about Warriors of Honor:
I enjoyed watching this documentary and learning more about these two men than what I already knew. Even though I am a Civil War buff, there were some things I didn’t know about Jackson and Lee that I learned from the documentary. My boys enjoyed watching and learning about these two great men. We have a Civil War re-enactment coming up in our state that we are planning to attend. I think this documentary helped my boys to realize how many people were affected during the war. They can’t wait to see the re-enactment. I also loved how well this documentary showed the lives of both of these men in a positive light. It was a nice change to watch a documentary that puts God as the focus. This documentary will definitely be re-watched when the Civil War time period comes up in our history curriculum.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1