2/02/2015

Curriculum Brainstorming: 2015-2016 School Year

It's that time of year again. Time to decide our curriculum for next school year. I will have an 8th grader, a 7th grader, a 5th grader, and a K4.

Let's begin with K4. I already know what she will be using. She will be using the Abeka K4 curriculum.

My 5th grader will be using a mix of curriculum. I reviewed CTC Math last year and she has been doing so well with it, I have decided to stick with it for now for her. For history, I am using another review product, Golden Prairie Press. Next school year, I am going to go back to using Abeka science. She will also use Abeka grammar and reading. I haven't decided on spelling yet. I may either use A Reason for Spelling, Abeka spelling, or something totally different. I'm still researching this subject for her.

My 7th grader will be finishing up Horizon Pre-Algebra at the beginning of next school year. I haven't decided what math to use after he has finished with that. He will be using Abeka for history, grammar, and literature. For science, he will use Apologia General Science. And for spelling, I will stick with Sequential Spelling.

The 8th grader is the one I have really been brainstorming for. He has decided to read through Apologia Physical Science during the summer break, so he can start on Apologia Biology at the beginning of the school year. He wants to study science in college, so he plans to take as many science courses as he can over the next five years before graduating. He will be using Abeka for history, grammar, and literature. And he will also be using Sequential Spelling for spelling this next school year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1