3/08/2016

Grapevine Studies ~ Review









Finding a Bible curriculum that is fun and engaging is sometimes a difficult task. I had heard of Grapevine Studies in the past, but never used their product. I wasn't sure it would be fun for my older three kids. So when the opportunity came up to review Grapevine Studies, I chose to go with something my five year old daughter might like. Little did I know how much of an impact it would have on her. I chose to review New Testament Overview Part 1 (Beginner: John to the Apostles). I received the physical product of both the student book and the teacher book.


































What is Grapevine Studies?

Grapevine Studies is a method that is used to engage the student by helping them to remember the stories through a stick figure drawing. This method "sticks" with the child as they hear or read the story, draw the story, and review the story. They can learn and retain so much by this method.

What is New Testament 1: Beginner John to the Apostles?

This study takes a preschooler or kindergartner through the New Testament. The story is chronologically presented from John's birth to the beginning of Jesus' ministry.  You are able to choose how to do the Bible study, either weekly or daily. The lessons are short and only take about 15 minutes each day to present. The supplies needed for the student are student book, Bible, and colored pencils. The supplies needed for the teacher are the teacher book, Bible, Bible dictionary, and dry erase board and markers.






















How we used the books:
We received the physical books from Grapevine Studies. The books came already hole punched which I was surprised when I saw that. It helped make it easier to add to a notebook. I did the lessons three times a week with my (just turned) five year old. I didn't know if she would be able to do the drawings by herself, but they are simple stick drawings and she has done a great job so far. I sit beside her and let her look at the teacher copy. Each time we did the lesson, I would read the Bible passage for the day to my daughter. We then discussed the story and the people who were in it. Next, my daughter would draw the figures into the student book. And lastly, we reviewed the lesson for the day. It is fun, short, and simple. And my daughter is remembering each person when we do the reviews from the day before.

So, want to know what we think about Grapevine Studies?
My daughter and I give this Bible curriculum five stars! We love it! My daughter loves it and looks forward to Bible class each time. She has learned and retained so much through these lessons. I will continue on with Grapevine studies and will order some of them for my older children as well.























Wrap-up:
We reviewed the physical copies of the student book ($12.50) and the teacher book ($22.50). The physical copy of the student book is for one child only. If you have more than one child you want to use this curriculum with, they offer a family ebook that can be used for more than one child in your own family.

Be sure to read what other crew members thought about Grapevine Studies by clicking on the image below. There are different levels of different products that were reviewed.

Birth of John to Jesus' Ministry {Grapevine Studies Review}






Follow Grapevine Studies on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest

Crew Disclaimer

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't thought to let them copy out of the teacher's book. I draw the stick figures on the white board and the kids copy mine. But my artistic skills are somewhat lacking, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids laugh at my poor stick figures, but I always put them on a white board too. Glad your family enjoyed Grapevine! Their studies are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1