10/28/2016

Five Minute Friday ~ Eat

I have been starting to look forward to Friday's so I can find out the writing prompt for the day from the five minute friday blog. I didn't think I was going to join in very much, but this is my 3rd week.

When I saw the prompt for today, my mind automatically went to the Bible. I Corinthians 10:31 tells us "Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. " (KJV) I grew up in church. I've heard this verse multiple times. So, what does it mean? It means we are to glorify God in everything that we do, even when we eat. Is water the only thing you have at this time? Glorify God. Do you only have $5 left in the food budget, but have a week left in the month? Glorify God. Or maybe you have so much food that it is going to spoil if not eaten soon. Glorify God by inviting someone over for dinner. Our children can learn about how we are to glorify God by doing something for others. My older boys have helped out by serving food to those at a soup kitchen, They were glorifying God by helping those in need to nourish their bodies with good food. Eat- we need to do it to live, but we also need to give God the glory while doing it. He is the One that has provided for us and we need to remember that and teach our children.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Rebecca, I love how you wrote about eat! I'm going to glorify God what I've got today. Thank you for the beautiful reminder. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great verse. A much needed jolt to remember to glorify God in all. Thanks! - Lori

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1