10/14/2016

Five Minute Friday ~ Mail

Well, I am back for another five minute Friday this week. When I was checking to see what the subject was, I was worried I wouldn't be able to come up with anything to say about the subject. But, when I saw the subject, I knew exactly what I wanted to write about. So here goes...

Mail. It's something we expect to be delivered to our house everyday. We never think that there will be a time we won't get mail delivery. What's their saying? Through wind and rain and snow...I'm not sure. I am sure of one thing. When there is a river that runs through the middle of your town and your town is experiencing flooding, you will not get any mail delivery. In fact, I am expecting a package tomorrow. But, I checked the tracking and it made it to West Virginia and hasn't moved yet. You see, I live in Eastern NC where we are experiencing floods greater that Hurricane Floyd. It is one record you do not want to see broken, but it happened. The record broke last night and the river is still rising. The post office where are mail gets delivered is on the other side. There is no way for them to get us, on the south side of the river, our mail. We don't know when the road to town will open back up. We don't know how this will affect the businesses in the path of the flood. The only thing we do know is that we need to pray. Yes, this town has lived through a flood before and was more prepared this time, but that doesn't mean it is easier. Floods are not fun. But, there is One who will take care of His children and He will provide. My five minutes are up, but I just wanted to say that we do have a way to get to a different town (20 minutes away) for groceries and supplies.

Below is a picture of our way into town that was taken yesterday morning.
















Update: 10/19/16: The roads have cleared and we received mail for the first time in a week.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I've never lived through anything like that. Please stay safe. Hopefully, the water will go down soon and your mail will be delivered. But please stay safe.

    Hugs,
    Melinda (#25 at FMF)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the water goes down soon. We have been praying for those who have been affected by Hurricane Matthew. We live in Eastern SC and had a lot of damage to our city, but nothing like the horrible flooding that you all are enduring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully your water goes down soon. We have never had that much water where we live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I am so sorry about the flooding. I don't think I have ever experienced that kind of flooding before.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1