11/26/2016

Five Minute Friday ~ Surrender
















This week's five minute Friday word is surrender. I realize the "rules" are to just write freely for five minutes with no editing and no over-thinking, but when I saw the word I had to do a little digging.

Go...
When I saw the word for this week's five minute Friday, the first thing that popped into my head was the song I Surrender All. I've sung it many times in church, but never stopped to really think about what it means. So, I just googled about the author and how he came to write the song. It was written in 1896 by Judson W. Van DeVenter after he came to the decision to be a full-time evangelist. We are to surrender everything when we follow God's will for our lives. He will take care of us.

All to Jesus, I surrender;
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live. 
Refrain:
I surrender all, I surrender all,
All to Thee, my bless'd Savior,
I surrender all. 
All to Jesus I surrender;
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now. 
All to Jesus, I surrender;
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine. 
All to Jesus, I surrender;
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power;
Let Thy blessing fall on me. 
All to Jesus I surrender;
Now I feel the sacred flame.
O the joy of full salvation!

Stop.

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite hymns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had similar thoughts on the prompt.😊 Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great hymn. It's interesting to know more about how it came to be written. Visiting from FMF#13.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My FMF post was prompted by the words of a favorite song as well!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1