12/02/2016

Five Minute Friday ~ Crave

Today's word prompt from the five minute Friday blog is Crave.

What do you crave? Most of us crave food items from time to time. Or we crave other things. But do we ever crave the Bible? Do we crave God? I have to admit that I don't crave God like I should. We talked about this in Sunday School recently and it has stuck with me. There are things we need in order to live. Air, food, water, and shelter. Without those things, we would eventually die. As a Christian, I also need God in my life. I need to crave God. In order to fulfill this craving, I need to be reading from the Bible and listening to God's Word. Here are a few passages about craving God.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? Psalm 42:1-2 (KJV)

Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
John 4:13-14 (KJV)

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
Psalm 63:1 (KJV) 


 I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah.
Psalm 143:6 (KJV)

7 comments:

  1. yes, we do need to crave God more don't we.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts, Rebecca! I am also a homeschool, mama and am happy to be your neighbor at FMF! I love the verses you chose for this post. My favorite is Psalm 42:1-2. Happy schooling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seek Him early! And early this morning I'm online. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must confess that I don't often think of wanting to draw nearer to God as a craving. Yet at 8:00 at night, I'm all about trying to discern what craving I'm having. *sigh* I must get in the habit of craving Him!
    Peace.
    Patricia (FMF#37)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful verses for this topic - craving God SHOULD be of first desire but often is not. Something I struggle with. Thanks for the reminder and encouragement. - Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Craving time with the Lord should be our biggest craving and all to often it isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! What a wonderful reminder. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1