12/20/2016

Looking Back At 2016

I can't believe it is time for a year in review post already. This year has definitely flown by. Let's look back at what we have done this past year.

I rejoined the Homeschool Review Crew after taking a year off.

My oldest turned 14 in February. We had been hit with an ice storm the day before his birthday, but it cleared up in time for us to go celebrate.


My youngest turned 5 in March. I can't believe how fast she is growing up.


When we finished our school work for the year in April, we took a trip to the zoo. We had so much fun.



I went into planning mode in May for our 2016-2017 school year. So far it has been going as planned. We made it to our 100thy day before Christmas break!

We also enjoyed seeing the Blue Angels perform in May.


Memorial Day weekend was spent at the beach and with family.


July was time for VBS and summer camps. My older three were gone for a week, one to camp and two on a missions trip. The following week, the two boys went to Trail Life summer camp.



During August, we took a day trip to the lake and since school had started back, we had the whole lake to ourselves. It was a lot of fun.
Cliffs of the Neuse State Park

My oldest took driver’s ed in September and I turned a year older.
My youngest lost her first tooth and quickly lost her second and has been singing “All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth..” since then.


My oldest daughter turned 11 in October. We spent the day at the aquarium.
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, indoor

Hurricane Matthew paid a visit and we were cut off from town because of massive flooding at the river.


My mother in law passed away in November and we had our first Thanksgiving meal without her.

And now, we are at December. We have had a good month with church programs and candlelight communion. In a few short days we will get together and celebrate Jesus’ birth with family. And once again, a new year will start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1