1/20/2017

Five Minute Friday ~ Refine

Five Minute Friday - Refine

This weeks word prompt is refine.

I automatically remembered a song from when I was growing up, The Refiner’s Fire, sung by Steve Green.

The lyrics to the chorus:
The Refiner’s fire
Has now become my souls desire
Purged and cleansed and purified
That the Lord be glorified
He is consuming my soul
Refining me, making me whole
No matter what I may lose
I choose the Refiner’s fire
What does it mean to be refined? Well, according to Merriam Webster, it means to free (something, such as metal, sugar, or oil) from impurities or unwanted material, to free from moral imperfection, to improve or perfect by pruning or polishing, to reduce in vigor or intensity, to free from what is coarse, vulgar, or uncouth.

But, it also means to become pure or perfected, to make improvement by introducing subtleties or distinctions.

We, as Christians, should always want to be perfected by our Lord (the refiner). He takes us and molds us and makes us whole. We are to make improvements by reading the Bible and praying. We can become pure and perfected by giving our everything to the Lord. Even though it may hurt to go into the fire, when we come out we will be free from sin (impurities).



2 comments:

  1. I've been humming that song since I read the prompt, too! Saying hello from FMF. We're neighbors this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny... a few of us had the same song pop up in our heads. :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1