2/07/2017

Men and Women of the Bible ~ Blogging through the Alphabet (D)

Blogging through the Alphabet Men and Women of the Bible

Deborah: “a bee”

We learn about Deborah in the book of Judges. She is a prophetess and judge who is married to Lapidoth. She is the only woman judge that is mentioned in the Bible. She helped Barak organize an army. She told him that the Lord will help him defeat Sisera. And after this event, there was peace in the land for 40 years.

Deborah was courageous and wise. When Barak was scared, she helped him overcome his fearfulness.

Judges 4:8-9 ~ And Barak said unto her, If thou wilt go with me, then I will go: but if thou wilt not go with me, then I will not go. And she said, I will surely go with thee: notwithstanding the journey that thou takest shall not be for thine honour; for the Lord shall sell Sisera into the hand of a woman. And Deborah arose, and went with Barak to Kedesh.

Deborah would not take credit for what was about to happen, she reminded Barak that this was the Lord’s doing.

Judges 4:14 ~ And Deborah said unto Barak, Up; for this is the day in which the Lord hath delivered Sisera into thine hand: is not the Lord gone out before thee? So Barak went down from mount Tabor, and ten thousand men after him.

Deborah loved the Lord and she was a Godly woman.

Judges 5:2 ~ Praise ye the Lord for the avenging of Israel, when the people willingly offered themselves.

We see that God can use anybody who is willing to be used. Are you willing to be used by God?

Daniel: “God is my Judge”

We know quite a bit about Daniel. He has a whole book in the Bible dedicated to him. His most famous story takes place in the lion’s den. Daniel was a man of God and refused to do what the king ordered him to do. Instead, Daniel prayed to the one and only God and disobeyed the king. This made the king furious and ordered his men to throw Daniel into the den with the lions. But Daniel was not fearful for his life. He knew God would be in that den with him. King Darius was not able to sleep that night and when it was morning hurried to the den. He was so happy to find that Daniel was still alive.

Daniel was not going to obey man. He knew he was to obey God.

Daniel 6:10 ~ Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.

Because Daniel obeyed God rather than man, he prospered.

Daniel 6:28 ~ So this Daniel prospered in the reign of Darius, and in the reign of Cyrus the Persian.

Daniel

Check out my other blogging through the alphabet posts here.

A Net In Time Schooling













6 comments:

  1. I continue to love the theme of your Blogging through the Alphabet posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This theme! I love this! I am learning so much each week from you and look forward to all you have in store! Thank you so much for joining us as we blog through the alphabet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it when I studied about Deborah. Thanks for sharing I have enjoyed your post a lot. They are very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was certain I would fine Deborah...and thought you might do David...so I was partially right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your posts! Last week I shared your C's with my kids and they really enjoyed it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daniel is such an inspiring example of faith and prayer in spite of circumstances.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1