3/14/2017

Men and Women of the Bible ~ Blogging through the Alphabet (I)

Blogging through the Alphabet Men and Women of the Bible

This week we are at the letter I. There are not many (just one, actually) women’s names that begin with the letter I.

Iscah: “spy”

Iscah is only mentioned in one verse in the Bible. She was the daughter of Haran and the sister of Milcah and Lot.

Genesis 11:29 ~ And Abram and Nahor took them wives: the name of Abram's wife was Sarai; and the name of Nahor's wife, Milcah, the daughter of Haran, the father of Milcah, and the father of Iscah.

Isaiah: “the salvation of Jehovah”

Isaiah was one of the prophets. He is considered to be one of the greatest prophets. He lived in Jerusalem and God gave him prophecies that were directed to Israel. Isaiah was married and had two sons. We don’t know much about his life, but we do have his writings and prophecies in the Bible. There are several times in the book of Isaiah that the prophecy refers to Jesus Christ. He prophesied about Jesus’ first and second comings. Isaiah also prophesied many warnings to Israel and Judah. Some other prophecies found in the book of Isaiah are Lucifer’s attempt to overthrow God, Sennacherib’s invasion of Judah, and judgments coming against numerous nations. The prophecies we can look forward to in the book of Isaiah are those about the second coming.

My life verse is Isaiah 41:10 ~ Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Be sure to check out my A-H posts:
A ~ Abigail and Abraham
B ~ Bathsheba and Boaz
C ~ Claudia and Caleb
D ~ Deborah and Daniel
E ~ Elisabeth and Eli
F ~ Female at the Well and Felix
G ~ Gomer and Gideon
H ~ Hadassah and Hezekiah

I’m linking up with Annette and Amanda.

3 comments:

  1. hey... I learned about a new bible person. Never paid attention to Iscah... I wonder if she really was a spy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I learned about a new person. It funny how we may not notice the little things when we read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also learned about a new person in the Bible. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1