4/14/2017

Five Minute Friday ~ Empty

Five Minute Friday - Empty

It’s been a while since I’ve participated in a five minute Friday. This week’s word prompt is “empty.” It’s simple to post a blog post- just write for five minutes. Five minute Friday is hosted over at Heading Home.

Empty ~

What does it mean to be empty? It means to be void of something. During this Easter holiday weekend, Christians rejoice over the tomb being empty. But there are so many people in the world that have an empty feeling every day. They feel they have no purpose. Even as a Christian, I sometimes feel empty. It is then that I know that I need to be reading His Word. When I am regularly reading my Bible, I never feel empty. I am filled with the Holy Spirit. Knowing Jesus keeps me from feeling like I am worthless and empty. He has me on this earth for a reason and I need to seek Him and do His will while I am still here. We need to rejoice in knowing that the tomb is empty! Jesus wants us to be happy. He wants us to tell others of him. Rejoice! Jesus has risen!

Psalm 28:7 ~ The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

1 comment:

  1. Thankful for empty tomb! I've been thinking about the disciples, how scary it would have been to not know. This weekend, I'm reminded of all the ways I still don't recognize the miracle of the empty tomb. Thank you for this post! (Visiting from FMF)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1