7/28/2017

Weekly Homeschool Wrap-Up

We began our 2017-2018 school year this week. We like starting early when it is super hot here in Eastern North Carolina so we are able to take off the cooler fall days for field trips. We usually end our year around mid-late April and have a 12-week spring/summer break.

*I plan to do a separate post later next month about our 2017-2018 curriculum choices.*

The oldest is in 10th grade this year. He is working on the usual math science, history, keyboarding, literature, and grammar. He has been getting everything done this week and is using his time wisely (unlike last year).

My second son is in 9th this year. He also is working on math, history, science, literature, and grammar. He is learning Spanish this year. He works diligently and uses his time wisely and gets his work done.

My oldest daughter is in 7th this year. She has a light load with math, science, history, grammar, and literature. She is reading through Anne of Green Gables this quarter for literature. She has seen the movie but has never read the book. She is enjoying it so far.

My youngest is in 1st grade this year. She is enjoying it so far. She is learning cursive this year and is doing better than I thought she would. She loves school and loves getting her work done each day. Today for her science experiment she made some gliders. She had fun making and flying them.

I am planning to have a homeschool weekly update each week this year for our 2017-2018 school year. We'll see you next time. Stay tuned to see what fun things we are doing each week.

I'm linking up at the following blogs:
Homeschool Coffee Break
Weekly Wrap-Up

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love great starts. I hope the rest of your year is just as lovely.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start to your homeschool year - looking forward to the updates! We used to start early so we could take a long break in the fall too, and it worked out great for us for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to see another blogger who has been sharing as long as I have! We start on the 14th this year and I am super excited. Reading your post makes me even more excited to start!! We use to start around the first week of September but then we always wanted extra breaks beyond what I scheduled during the school year and as a result, we would struggle to finish strong. This year we are starting 3 weeks earlier so we have more break-time room! I love how they seem to buckle down better the older they get.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1