8/07/2017

Greek ‘n’ Stuff ~ Review

Greek 'n' Stuff - Review

Have you been considering having your child learn Greek? Are you wondering how your child could learn Greek when you don’t know it yourself? Over the past several weeks we have been reviewing Hey, Andrew! Teach Me Some Greek! - Level 2 set from Greek ‘n’ Stuff. We were sent the level 2 workbook, answer key, and a pronunciation CD.

Greek ‘n’ Stuff was founded in 1996 as a way to bring quality materials to homeschoolers, schools, and churches. Hey, Andrew! Teach Me Some Greek! teaches Biblical Greek to children as young as pre-school age all the way up to any age that wants to learn Greek. If students go through the eight level series, then they will have a good understanding of Koine Greek.

Level 2 introduces the alphabet and in later lessons moves on to simple words. Each lesson has about six pages of workbook pages to complete which can be spread out over the week. Each lesson takes a week to complete and there are thirty lessons in level 2. There are flash cards included in the back of the workbook that are to be used daily to learn the letters and words. The pronunciation CD includes the reader and pronunciations for level one and level two. Each level is built from the previous level.

Sample worbook pages

When this first arrived, I wasn’t sure who would want to use it. I put in the CD for everyone to listen to and none of them were really interested in it.  My boys thought it was too childish for them and my girls just didn’t have an interest. I went ahead and decided to use this course for myself. I am hoping to convince the kids that this is a great course for them after I have finished going through it. I really think my oldest would enjoy this if he gave it time. He could work through this level faster (instead of the weekly timetable) and move onto level three which I think gets a little more in depth. With his career choice, I know that him knowing Biblical Greek would help him tremendously.



I went ahead and used this course like a child would, one lesson per week. I listened to the alphabet song (on the CD) and the reader at the beginning of each week. I worked through the workbook doing approximately one page per day (since there are six pages to be completed, I doubled up on one of the days).

So far, I am enjoying the program. It took me a little while at first to realize that the reader was included on the CD. I was a little lost on what I needed to do when I first started out, but I figured it out quickly. It is very easy to work at your own pace and this program is very thorough in teaching Greek. The workbook is also very thorough and you learn how to write each letter.  There is also plenty of review in the workbook. I think that this is a great program for learning Biblical Greek.

Teach Me Some Greek {Greek 'n' Stuff Reviews}

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40535593-1