Every year I plan many field trips to go on throughout our homeschool year. Sometimes we go to the same places over and over again. But, we love going out to the different museums, aquariums, and places near where we live.
Each spring I buy a family membership to the aquarium that is an hour from us that lets us get into the aquarium (three different ones), the zoo, and other places for free all year long. And with the membership, we can just decide to go visit someplace without having to really plan ahead.
I like to sometimes just get in the car and drive and see where we end up. We have several state parks around us and sometimes we go there and hike the trails. There is one trail close by that has a trail that takes you through wetlands and you can see several animals such as fiddler crabs, egrets, herons, and snakes. There have been alligator sightings, but we haven’t seen one, yet. Here is a post with some pictures of the trail from several years ago.
If you want to read more of the exciting homeschool adventures we have been on through the years, you can read about them right here.
I am linking up at:
We LOVE going out on exciting adventures! I love that your membership gets you into so many places. That's wonderful.
ReplyDeleteOh that looks like such a great value! When my kids were younger we went on exciting adventures all the time but now we just have a few adventures they like every year. That said, the local aquarium is a must do! Thank you for linking up with us!
ReplyDeleteThat is so fun! I love to get out and about! We had an off year this year, but I can't wait to get into it all again shortly! Thank you for linking up with us!
ReplyDelete