My twelve year old daughter loves to read. She has some favorites that she will read more than once just because she loves them so much. I love that she loves to read since I also love to read. She has read some books that I read when I was her age.
Mandie Books ~ These books are set in the state (north Carolina) we live in. I read these books when I was her age and had a couple of the books that I gave to her to read through. She got hooked, so I decided to buy the collections (there are five books in each collection) for her and to save them for future readers (my 7 year old and hopefully granddaughters one day).
There are also a few movies that go with these books and my daughter has enjoyed watching them.
My daughter also loves books by Marguerite Henry. She has read several including Misty of Chincoteague, Stormy, Misty’s Foal, and Brighty of the Grand Canyon.
She has also watched the Misty movie and enjoyed it. She wanted to know if there were more movies for any of these books and I found out there are some, but they are hard to find (especially on DVD). She loves anything that has to do with horses.
Some other books she ahs read and enjoyed are classics. Anne of Green Gables and Little Women are at the top. She has also read The Secret Garden and several Little House on the Prairie books. We go to our local library sale whenever they have it (usually two times per year) and she picks out several books that she thinks she would like to read. The majority of the books she picks out are animal related. She loves animals and will read anything that has animals in it.
I just wanted to make a list of a few of her favorites in case you are looking for something for your tween daughter to read.
I will certainly have to check these out! Thanks for sharing! My Mother in law has told us about the Misty books before, makes me think of Shackleford banks :)
ReplyDelete